There are many methods to treat and cure acne – both Natural and Conventional methods. While vitamins and supplements may not be the cure – all for acne by themselves, they play an important role, along with a healthy diet, to help your body maintain it’s defenses and stay in optimum condition, thereby helping you to cure your acne, and prevent future outbreaks of acne.
* Consult Your Doctor Before Starting Any Vitamin and/or Supplement Regimen *
Studies have shown that certain vitamins and supplements are good for people with acne – They Are:
* VITAMIN A – Vitamin A is an anti-oxidant that eliminates toxins and impurities from the body, in fact, a lack of vitamin A can actually cause acne. Vitamin A also protects the skin and causes a reduction in sebum (which can clog pores). The recommended dose is 10,000 IU’s of vitamin A per day.
* VITAMIN B COMPLEX – Which Includes:
~ Vitamin B 1 – Thiamine. Vitamin B 1 is also an anti-oxidant which eliminates toxins from the body and helps circulation. Recommended dose: 20 – 25 mg. per day
~ Vitamin B 2 – Riboflavin. Vitamin B 2 enhances the skin, hair and nails. A deficiency of B 2 can eventually cause acne. Recommended dose for acne: 100 – 300 mg. per day.
~ Vitamin B 3 – Niacinamide. Vitamin B 3 is essential for body metabolism, and enhances circulation. A deficiency of B3 can cause acne.
~ Vitamin B 5 – Pantothentic Acid. Vitamin B 5 is essential for treating acne. It reduces stress and allows the adrenal glands to function properly. A lot has been said about a supposed ” B 5 acne cure ” which involves taking large amounts of B 5 daily, which can have side-effects. The normal dosage of B 5 is 500 mg. per day. * Ask your Doctor before taking large amounts of vitamin B 5. *
~ Vitamin B 6 – Pyridoxine. Vitamin B 6 is extremely important for immune system function. A deficiency of B 6 can cause acne. Recommended dose is 100 – 300 mg per day.
Also Important For Treating Acne:
* Vitamin C – Vitamin C is the “Immunity Vitamin”. It helps protect against infections, has anti-oxident properties, and helps formation of collagen and elastin of the skin. A deficiency of Vitamin C can cause wrinkling of the skin. Vitamin C with Bioflavanoids is superior. Recommended dose for acne is 1000 – 3000 mg per day.
* Vitamin E – Vitamin E is a healing vitamin that is very good for the skin. It repairs tissues and has anti-oxidant properties. Vitamin E can also be applied directly to the skin and has been used to treat scars and burns. d-alpha vitamin E is superior to dl- alpha, but is more expensive. Recommended dose is 400 mg per day.
* Zinc – Zinc supplementation when taken with vitamins has been shown to reduce acne severity in clinical studies. According to the experts, the dosage of zinc for acne is 30 mg – 2 – 3 times per day for 2 – 3 months, then take just 30 mg per day as a supplement.
* The Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) – Are highly recommended for treating acne as they have anti-inflammatory properties. They Are:
~ Flaxseed Oil – Available in Liquid and Capsules. Recommended dose for acne is 1 Tbs of flaxseed oil per day, OR 1 flaxseed capsule of 3,000 mg twice per day.
~ Fish Oil – Also available as a liquid or in capsules. There are various strengths of fish oil, depending on the manufacturer. The fish oil capsules are easier to take as the liquid has a strong fish smell and taste that not many people can put up with. A fish oil capsule of 1,000 mg per day is recommended.
* NOTE: Do NOT take fish oil if you have a known fish allergy. Do NOT take fish oil, flaxseed oil, or vitamin E if you are going to have surgery within 2 weeks, OR you are taking blood-thinning medication.
For More Information on Effective Acne Treatments Visit: FREE ACNE TREATMENT INFORMATION