Eczema is a sort of dermatitis or inflammatory skin condition, resulting in red swollen skin bearing pustules. Quite true to the Greek meaning of eczema, an eczema affected skin appears to -boil’. The pustules burst open and pus oozes out. Once the pus comes out, a thin hard crust develops over the dried pustule. Atopic dermatitis is the most common form of eczema. The other types are: irritant dermatitis, stasis dermatitis, asteatosis, seborrheic dermatitis, nummular dermatitis and pompholyx. Severe itching and dryness are the main symptoms of an eczematous skin. The skin also flakes, burns and looks red. The common sites for eczema are back of knees, back of arms, elbow, upper thoracic region, hands, neck and face. The common causes of eczema may be listed as follows:
1. Accumulation of toxins in body 2. Fungal infection 3. High levels of IGE (immunoglobulin E) antibody (This is a genetic phenomenon). 4. Excessive exposure to chemical substances 5. Allergic reaction to substances like poisonous oak or nickel 6. Exposure to extremes of cold or dry weather 7. Frequent indigestion or constipation 8. Nutritional deficiency 9. Metabolic disorder 10. Tight woolen garments 11. Usage of harsh soaps 12. Excessive sweating 13. Keeping body wet for prolonged periods 14. Staphylococcal bacterial infection 15. Frequent rubbing of skin 16. Low humidity 17. Wearing rubber or plastic gloves for long time.
Home Remedies for Eczema
1. Mix 1 teaspoon camphor and sandalwood powder to make a thick paste. Apply on eczema. This is an effective home remedy for eczema.
2. Boil mango pulp in water. Allow it to cool and apply on eczema to enable fast healing.
3. Apply the paste of 3-4 strawberries on eczema several times along the day. This heals eczema.
4. Juice of musk cures eczema
5. Application of the juices of carrot, spinach, grapes and orange is an effective eczema treatment.
6. Make a paste on nutmeg with water. Apply on eczema to cure it.
7. Boil margosa leaves in water. Allow to cool and strain the contents and wash eczema with water. Margosa has excellent curative power.
8. Put 3-4 spoons of turmeric powder in water. Boil and then allow the solution to cool. Wash eczema with the solution to get rid of it.
9. Spearmint leaf juice quickens the healing of eczema.
10. Application of mud pack soothes and cures eczema.
11. Massaging coconut oil or jojoba oil or primrose oil on eczema is a useful remedy.
12. Fresh almond leaves paste when applied on eczema, treats it sufficiently.
13. Apply mashed papaya seeds on eczema to get relief.
14. Taking sun bath is an eczema curative measure.
15. Application of cold and wet formation on eczema 2 times daily yields good results.
16. Application of witch hazel extracts is a solution to eczema problem.
Read more Home Remedies for Eczema. Also know useful Home Remedies for Ear Infection. Read effective Home Remedies for Eye Care.