Eczema effects as much as 20 percent of the population in Australia, England, Scandinavia and the United States. Have you tried many home remedies for eczema and found that they don’t work?
1. Pay close attention to your diet. It has been proven that a diet rich in alkali will get rid of your eczema and keep it away. However you should also watch what you consume on a daily basis as some foods can cause an allergic reaction and break out your skin.
2. Avoid using dryer sheets or scented laundry detergent when washing your baby’s clothes. Oftentimes, these products may irritate sensitive skin and increase itching.
3. To calm the flair up of eczema as well as to relax the mind and spirit try some essential oil therapy. Fill your bath with warm, (not hot), water and add 7 drops of chamomile essential oil to the water. Soak for ten to twelve minutes and enjoy the aroma. Then take a pre-mixture of 3oz of olive oil with 5 drops of chamomile, 7 drops of lavender and 3 drops of bergamot essential oils and gently massage this into the inflamed area of skin. Take the time to relax and really enjoy this treatment.
4. For severe outbreaks, for natural eczema treatment applying cold compresses to the areas helps reduce inflammation and itching, for immediate relief. Because the disorder is thought to be caused by allergens, some people will find relief when they remove those allergens from their diet, by eliminating offending foods, or by reducing the environmental irritants, such as molds,dust and pet hairs.
5. Avoid using scented lotions and perfume on your skin. When you have eczema, you skin is very sensitive and the chemical constituents of the scented lotions and perfumes may irritate your skin. For an alternative, you can go for lotions such as cetaphil which will be very soothing for your skin.
6. Remove your child from the bath before his skin begins to prune. Soap should only be used when necessary, as it may dry the skin and worsen eczema.
7. With daily practice you will be able to focus only on your breath without intruding thoughts for longer and longer periods of time. You should do this exercise of meditation and deep breathing daily for 21 minutes. Try to find a Zen alarm clock that will sound a gentle chime sound and use this so that you don’t need to think about the time.
8. In general, ayurvedic treatments put a high emphasis on mind-body connection. Reducing stress in life could also benefit and help reduce symptoms associated with this disorder. Attention is required for the type of food you eat every day. It is necessary to avoid certain irritants like eggs, fish, or soy products from your regular diet to get a better cure for eczema. But make sure to discuss with your practitioner regarding the changes in your diet.